Monday, September 19, 2011

What should my daily rundown be called?

I want to do some kind of daily post where I go through some news stories of the day and then do a quick review (often rant) of something, anything, in pop culture. I need a name for it. If there's someone reading this, send me suggestions! Meanwhile, I guess I'll just try things out, one every day. And I guess this will be my first one. Chill.

Why Not Zoidberg relaunches! Obviously huge news in the obscure pop culture blog world.

Julianna Margulies is trending on Google News: Oh, were the Emmys last night? Whoops.

The Emmys were last night: Yup, I didn't watch. To me, the point of awards shows is nothing more than validate one's own opinion about what is being awarded. Sure, that can be fun sometimes (why do you think I read all those glowing articles about The Big Lebowski?), but I don't need to give up 3 hours of my life while I could be watching my Eagles implode just for that. That kind of validation is why I have you readers!

Patrick Swayze Dies: I think it's finally not "too soon" anymore to talk about it.
Pancreas.
Lolz.

Netflix Breakup: I was thinking about starting to get the DVD service again, but no way am I paying for something called "Qwikster". I would just be embarrassed to have those envelopes in my mailbox. Especially with how classy the Netflix logo is (beautiful). In case you haven't heard about the breakup, because the story does seem to be pretty under-covered, you can read all up here.)

New TV Shows are Premiering: Haven't watched anything yet. May do some new show for my daily review sometime.

Daily Review of the Day - The Lion King (3D re-release)
If you looked at this week's box office charts, you would see a familiar name at the top of the list - from 17 years ago. The Lion King was recently re-released, this time to be better, bolder and 3Der. I am so anti-this. Look, it's a great movie, don't think that that's my complaint. But it's been a great movie for 17 years, and it shouldn't take a money-grubbing 3Difying retrofitting to put it back into the public focus. Didn't everybody get upset when it was announced that they would be doing this for Star Wars? The Lion King is a great movie. But it already was 17 years ago, in good old 2D.

No comments:

Post a Comment