Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Daily Steakfry: 9/20/11

**This should be the central feature of my blog (unless I magically find time to write longer things). It will simply be a rundown of the day's pop culture news, plus maybe a quick review of something or a music recommendation. I'm still looking for a good title, and I'll be trying things out every day (like today's dumb one). Suggestions are universally loved.**

This took me a long time to write (hey, I'm out of the habit), so the news will span like two days.

The Emmys Fallout: I usually find news for this rundown by reading the Entertainment section of Google News. Today, that's dominated by the Emmys. Yeah, it's annoying.

Jon Huntsman Makes Kurt Cobain Reference in GOP Debate: This guy is hip as shit. I like him more all the time.

Michaele Salahi in a relationship with Journey guitarist: This last straw just made me wish I had never heard the name "Salahi". But then her husband, Tareq, weighed in on the issue, calling her a "groupie slut", and revealing some new information on said guitarist Neal Schon: "This was the lewdist, most disgusting thing I had seen. And I didn't understand, why in the world would Neal Schon be sending a picture of his penis to us." TMI? Maybe, but it does remind me how entertaining this family has always been.

REM splits up: Can't say anything snarky about this. It just sucks.

Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are romantically entangled: He's too good for her.

Jane Lynch says she might not want to host Emmys again: Has anyone offered it to her?

Song I'm Into Today:
I recently read Jonathan Safan Foer's Everything Is Illuminated (huge recommend), and it made me realize how bad the movie was (I had already seen it before reading the book). Even when I first saw the movie I was unimpressed with the performance of Eugene Hutz. But I think's it's clear that he's a much better musician than an actor, and I'm really into his band Gogol Bordello lately. This song is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment