Monday, November 15, 2010

The Hangover 2 and all of its cameos

Apparently Bill Clinton just shot a scene for the sequel to "The Hangover". So Zach Galifianakis is going to be sharing the screen with a former President. I really can't get past that.

Clinton joins the big three from the first movie and a whole bunch of guys like Liam Neeson, Paul Giamatti, and some person named Jamie Chung who I've never heard of but was apparently on some reality show. And of course Mel Gibson was supposed to appear as well.

I'm not sure if all of these celebrity appearances is a good thing. "The Hangover" was great because it was so sharply written and the leads were so talented and endearing. Sure, Mike Tyson's scenes were hilarious, but I have trouble seeing how Bill Clinton will fit in. And Paul Giamatti... I fail to see how his mopeyness will contribute to this being a funny movie.

I'm sure the movie will still be good, maybe even great. Todd Philips is a great comedy director (I'll give him a pass on "Due Date"), it will hopefully live up to the great standard of writing that the first one set and the leads are still great. But I think that the movie would be best off if it stuck with what made the first one so great, sharp writing and great comics to deliver the lines.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like a gimmick to me, but only time will tell if this film holds up. Great blog. I have a blog here as well. You should look it up. I haven't posted much on it yet. Mostly I have been transferring old blogs from RT. However, I do have big new blog in mind. Just need to start writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There may be random humor from all of the celebrities. Or it could be Kazaam, part 2. But even then, I kind of liked Kazaam when I was seven, So I guess I might like the Hangover 2, until I'm seventeen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Sparky I am still going to be writing reviews on RT, but I think I'll totally abandon their blog section because it's too buggy to be worth using. And I think I'll also post my reviews here. If you start actually using your blog, please let me know and I'd love to follow it.

    ReplyDelete