Saturday, December 11, 2010

Scott Pilgrim

I saw the Scott Pilgrim movie in theaters back when it first came out. It was pretty fun. I saw it with my friend who was obsessed with the books, and he dressed up and all. Pretty sweet. The movie is one of the most unique I've ever seen. It's completely ADD, always jumping around and it has all these crazy visual effects. It's pretty unprofessional actually, but it works. I just saw the movie again, it was my first iTunes movie rental ever (and, for new releases, those things are damn expensive. 4 bucks to see a movie on my computer? Honestly not worth it). But I liked the movie even more on second watching. Maybe it just took some time for me to get into the world, but either way I'm thinking now that it was a great movie. It probably just moved into my top 5 of the year.

I really want to read the books now, and I think I could become a huge fan of the whole franchise. There's also this song, it actually inspired the books. "Scott Pilgrim" by Plumtree. Plumtree was this awesome Canadian all-girl indie rock band, and this song is pretty sweet. Listen to it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment